Welcome to RentRedi’s series: Investor Spotlight! We’re highlighting experts & their real estate investing tips for beginners—from the experts.
Our Investor Spotlight features real estate investing tips & quickfire questions of the tools, advice, routines, and strategies beginners & professionals use to grow their business and gain passive income.
Investor Spotlight: Taylor Adams
Check out investor Taylor Adams’s quickfire investing tips for beginners below!
Let’s dive in!
Quickfire Real Estate Investing Tips for Beginners
1. What’s your favorite app (real estate related or not)?
Probably Zillow, because I am endlessly looking at house (even when I’m not buying!). A close second would be Instagram or Tiktok!
2. How many hours a night do you sleep?
Usually around 9 hours (I love my sleep!)
3. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received (real estate related or not)?
The longer you wait to get started, the longer you wait to see results.
4. Do you invest out-of-state?
Yes! In Tennessee and Texas.
5. Have you ever house hacked?
Yes! We’ve done it twice so far. It was a huge factor in our ability to save and scale.
6. Do you have a go-to paint color for your rentals?
I typically choose based on the house – i.e. is it a historic home, what is the vibe of the area, etc.
7. How long does it take you to analyze a property for investment?
The initial analysis, maybe 2 minutes. More of a deep dive into numbers could take more time to collect the necessary details on market, neighborhood, house, comps, etc.
8. How old were you when you purchased your first rental property?
26 years old.
9. Hard money loan or conventional?
10. What is the #1 piece of advice you would give a new real estate investor just starting out?
You can find an opportunity in any market. It’s all about getting creative and making the numbers work.
11. What made you want to invest in real estate?
I saw the financial freedom it gave me and I want to use that to create time freedom to spend time with my family.
12. What’s a landlord “hack” you use to make your life easier?
Delegate, delegate, delegate. Don’t get caught up in the “I have to do it all mentality”, in fact you probably shouldn’t be doing anything anyway!
Check out more about Taylor!
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/taylorcolemanadams
- TikTok: www.tiktok.com/@taylorcolemanadams
- Website: www.taylorcolemanadams.com
Taylor Adams is a real estate investor and lifestyle content creator based just outside of Boston, Massachusetts. Taylor started investing in real estate in 2018, almost by accident, and became hooked on the financial freedom it allowed! Since then she has left her W2 job, bought and sold 6 properties in Massachusetts, Tennessee, and Texas, made over half a million dollars in revenue through real estate, and with her experience, coached other aspiring real estate investors on how to build a portfolio that gives them more financial and time freedom.
Taylor loves to share her experience and resources with others to help them achieve their income goals! You can find Taylor on her social channels sharing her adventures as a millennial mom, wine lover, home DIY enthusiast, and beauty fanatic!
Check out RentRedi’s YouTube channel as well!
Read more Investor Spotlight profiles that feature real estate investing tips for beginners.