Welcome to RentRedi’s series: Investor Spotlight! We’re highlighting experts & their real estate investing tips for beginners—from the experts.
Our Investor Spotlight features quickfire questions of the tools, advice, routines, and strategies real estate beginners & professionals use to grow their business and gain passive income.
Investor Spotlight: Chantz Ireland
Chantz Ireland is a Seattle broker & real estate investor with 40 units!
Let’s dive in!
Quickfire Real Estate Investing Tips for Beginners
1. What’s your favorite app (real estate related or not)?
Loopnet to look for Brokers in my area with larger commercial buildings.
2. How many hours a night do you sleep?
8-10…sleeping less to be more successful is, in my opinion, a myth.
3. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received (real estate related or not)?
Start now and figure it out as you go.
4. Do you invest out-of-state?
All 40 of my units are out of State. I do own my personal condo in Seattle.
5. Have you ever house hacked?
I started with house hacking! It’s the reason I am where I am! Highly recommend.
6. Do you have a go-to paint color for your rentals?
A higher gloss grey or white.
7. How long does it take you to analyze a property for investment?
Depends. It takes me under 10 seconds to rule a property out. If it makes it past that, then actually underwriting it can vary. Usually around 20-30 minutes.
8. How old were you when you purchased your first rental property?
9. Hard money loan or conventional?
Conventional and Commercial loans.
10. What is the #1 piece of advice you would give a new real estate investor just starting out?
Make sure everyone you come in contact with knows what you do—or what you want to do.
12. What made you want to invest in real estate?
The idea of passive income and being able to work for myself.
11. What’s a landlord “hack” you use to make your life easier?
Property managers are your most important partners and take 90% of the work away. Choose wisely.
Follow Chantz on Social!
Check out RentRedi’s YouTube channel as well!
Read more Investor Spotlight profiles that feature real estate investing tips for beginners.