Welcome to RentRedi’s new series: Investor Spotlight! This Investor Spotlight features Hayato Hori, owner of RocketOffr who aims to make virtual out-of-state investing as easy as possible.
We’re highlighting real estate investing tips for beginners—from the experts.
Get quickfire answers about the tools, advice, routines, and strategies real estate professionals use to grow his business & gain passive income.
11 Quickfire Real Estate Investing Tips for Beginners
Get the inside scoop on investing from Hayato with his answers to The Expert Eleven—quickfire advice, strategy, and real estate investing tips for beginners from the experts!
1. What’s your favorite app (real estate related or not)?
Podcast app to listen to all the experts out there!
2. How many hours a night do you sleep?
6 – 7 hours
3. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Take consistent action and fail fast. The quicker your feedback loop is the faster you learn and progress. It just takes consistent action to get there.
4. Do you invest out-of-state?
5. Have you ever house hacked?
No, but I would if I could. It’s extremely hard in California.
6. Do you have a go-to paint color for your rentals?
7. How long does it take you to analyze a property for investment?
About 5 minutes.
8. How old were you when you purchased your first rental property?
9. Hard money loan or conventional?
10. What’s a landlord “hack” you use to make your life easier?
Networking with local boots on the ground. Whether you manage rentals on your own through RentRedi or have a property management company, you need boots on the ground to get advice on the market to make a good decision on purchasing your rental.
11. What is the #1 piece of advice you would give a new real estate investor just starting out?
Analyze deals every single day until you know what a ‘good’ deal is. Continue to do so until it becomes second nature, and start taking action & making offers on properties. You’ll learn everything else as you go.
More About Hayato Hori
I own a company called RocketOffr. We source off-market deals in the Midwest and currently do about 15-20 deals per month. I currently live in Long Beach, CA and even though it’s outside of LA it is still extremely expensive.
It’s tough to find homes that are below $750k that cashflow (using financing) and that’s why the Midwest was so appealing. The prices of the homes can range from $30k – $150k and you can get great cash-flowing properties that also appreciate over time.
My goal is to continue building my rental portfolio and help others do the same through RocketOffr and make virtual out-of-state investing as easy as possible. I have been featured in the Hardy Hustle and Business Insider.