Welcome to being a first-time landlord! You’ve bought your house, signed all the papers, crossed your i’s, and dotted your t’s….oh wait.
If you’re a new rental property owner, chances are some of the major questions you’re asking yourself are:
- How do I find tenants?
- How do I screen tenants?
- How do I collect rent?
- What happens if there’s a repair issue?
That’s where RentRedi comes in. While there are plenty of property management platforms on the market, RentRedi is great for first-time landlords (or the pros!) because we offer all the benefits—and keep our product affordable for any type of investor.
At RentRedi, we’re dedicated to helping landlords and tenants streamline their renting experience.
With RentRedi, you get an all-in-one dashboard to collect rent, list properties, find & screen tenants, sign leases, manage maintenance and accounting.
We’ve also got some great partners & membership perks with platforms including Plaid, REI Hub, Latchel, TransUnion, TSYS, Sure Insurance, and Realtor.com to create the best experience possible.
- REI Hub add-on means you can manage your accounting directly from RentRedi
- Plaid & TSYS ensure all your tenant’s payments are secure
- TransUnion provides you with top-of-the-line tenant screening reports
- Latchel is a great add-on if you’d like to outsource maintenance
- Sure Insurance offers your tenants affordable renters insurance plans
- Realtor.com & Zillow will help you find tenants!
- BONUS: $50 referral program for every friend you refer to RentRedi. 🙂
For tenants, RentRedi’s easy-to-use mobile app allows them to apply, pay rent, report rent payments to credit bureaus, auto-pay, sign leases, and submit maintenance requests.
“Just a happy customer. After signing up with BiggerPockets, I came across RentRedi on the website, and it could not have come at a better time. RentRedi checked all the boxes for me., RentRedi made this first time property novice show up as a complete professional management service.“Jacqueline Pino, Review from BiggerPockets.com
Using Property Management Software as a First-Time Landlord
It can be intimidating as a first-time landlord to find & screen tenants. And then, after you do all that work, you have to communicate with tenants your preferred management style, especially as it relates to collecting rent and managing maintenance.
Scary stuff for first-time landlords!
Fortunately, RentRedi makes it easy with the following features:
- Post for free to Realtor.com
- Get a professionally designed marketing page to share via text, email, or social media (like Facebook Marketplace & Craigslist)
- Collect prequalifications directly from RentRedi-created listings page
- Tenant screening reports you can trust
- TransUnion full background screening reports you can trust
- Full credit, criminal, and eviction reports—no cost to you!
- One-click lease signing and document storage
- All-in-one maintenance management system
- Collect rent payments online
- Tenants submit rent from their phone
- Flexible payment options for tenants (cash, bank, or card)
- Free app for tenants
- Free maintenance and teammate accounts for you
- Free customer support for everyone
- Unlimited units, tenants, listings
“RentRedi has become an essential part of my property management system. I like that their user interface for both the property manager and tenant is intuitive and packed with features. I highly recommend RentRedi to landlords and property managers alike. You can’t be the quality and customer support.”Matize H., Project Manager, Review from G2
Why Tenants Love RentRedi
Part of using a property management app means also getting your tenants on board. As we mentioned, it can be a little nerve-racking to present yourself assertively as a first-time landlord, but if you remain firm in your management system, you & your tenant will find that RentRedi offers plenty of benefits to renters!
- Pay rent via card (if enabled by landlord), cash, or bank
- Set up automatic rent payments
- Sign up to report their rent payments to credit bureaus to improve their score!
- Submit maintenance requests
- Store their lease in the app
- Set up rent reminders
Additional Resources for First-Time Landlords
P.S. If you need additional resources, check out our articles that are perfect for a first-time landlord:
- Ultimate Guide: Using Landlord Software to Manage Your Properties
- Tenant Guide – How to Use RentRedi’s Tenant App
- How to Run a Tenant Credit Check
- How to Write a Landlord Introduction Letter | Checklist
- Landlord Inspection Checklist
- What Your Tenant Needs to Give You for a 30 Day Notice
- ALL GUIDES – PERFECT FOR NEW RENTAL MANAGERS